Sunday 3 April 2011

Crochet Every Day!

Hello Everybody,

Wow, well it's been busy in the crochet ninja world. I've suddenly jumped to over 300 followers thanks to the lovely people at All Free Crochet who linked Elmo and Cookie Monster in the news letter that goes out to thousands of crocheters every month. Thank you and welcome to all the newbies!

The hooks haven't stopped recently, I discovered Must Have Cute, that is a part of lol cats and it is full of cute inspiration. I thought I had to make some amigurumi clouds and it took me a while to figure out how I could make a cloud 3D but gosh darn it I did it and aren't they just adorable:

I'm also working on a rainbow to go with it but that is still a work in progress.

Yesterday I was working on this cute owl coin purse. I seem to be making lots of purses at the moment. I love lining them with funky fabric, it give the project a nice professional looking finish. I think I'm going to make a little amigurumi buddy for this owl in blue and grey.


I can't say how pleased I am with the cover for Inside Crochet Issue 16:
He looks cute as a button. We have been joking about framing the magazine, its like being on the cover of the crochet version of rolling stones. This is something I never get tired of showing off, he he!

And finally, last year I was interviewed by a lovely girl who was recording a documentary about Knitting and Crochet for University. We were talking about Yarn Bombing and together we tagged a tree in the city centre in Plymouth.  A few days ago I went to see if it was still there, and what do you know...

Its a bit tatty and dirty now but still there and contributing to a more friendly kind of global warming :)


13 comments:

  1. That owl coin purse is so cute! I want one for my own :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those clouds are super cute. LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super cute owl purse! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness I LOVE that owl coin purse!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rainclouds are amazing, please tell me a pattern will be made available!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, where is the tree? I will look next time I am in town :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh I love the clouds and the owl purse. They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! Those little owls are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please please please pretty please with marzipan on top post pattern for the owl coin purse and you will seriously make my life!!!!! :P email me please bennettkarlie@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ok you cheeky monkeys, think I've made you wait long enough for the patterns, I'll get then up on the blog soon, I promise

    ReplyDelete
  11. Plz, I would love to make some of those darling clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those clouds are awesome. Your pattern is similar to this one, but I like your clouds better!!!
    http://www.coatscrafts.co.uk/NR/rdonlyres/E861300B-0591-44C7-A5BF-0F24218A2F74/63201/pj_crochetbabymobile_600x840.jpg

    ReplyDelete